Sometimes you don’t want a column, for example the Created By column, to be a link to user info but just plain text. You can do this very easy with SharePoint Designer:
- First of all you have to open your SharePoint list in SharePoint Designer
- In the Views section, select the view that you want to modify
- Go to the Design view of the selected view
- Click on any name displayed in the Created By column
- Go to the List View Tools in the ribbon and select the Design tab
- Click Customize XSLT in the Actions section and select Customize Item
- Check if the name you selected earlier (Step 4) is still selected and click Delete.
- Go to the Current Date Source and select Author.title
- Drag Author.title to the place where you deleted the name from (Step 7)
Save the view in SharePoint Designer en refresh your SharePoint site to take a look at the result.
Note: This change is only made for this particular view of a list. If you would have another view, that view would still use the Created By column with a hyperlink.